General Data Protection Regulation
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation has become effective and enforceable on the 25th May 2018.
At Ummah Technologies Limited, protecting our user’s data is a core priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure we are GDPR compliant.
What are we doing at Wowrite.com?
As part of our commitment to our users, we have built up a broad guide sketching out the majority of activities that will be completed before May 25 to become GDPR compliant. We have a committed group in-house and are frequently consulting with our legal counselors to guarantee client information is secured to the best of our capacity.
We have laid out our guide to becoming GDPR compliant, and will update this with where we’re at in each step as we move through the process.
What do you need to do as an Wowrite user?
As a user, there are a few things you will need to do:
– Reconfirm that you are happy for us to contact you via email.
– Keep an eye on your inbox as we’ll be sending an email about this so you can update your email preferences via our new preferences center.
The GDPR changes won’t directly impact your interaction with Ummah.io, so you’ll be able to continue to use it as normal
– Research the areas of Wowrite.com impacted by the GDPR – COMPLETE
– Appoint a Data Protection Officer -COMPLETE
– Develop a strategy and requirements for how to address the areas of our product impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
– Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product -COMPLETE
– Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
– Thoroughly test all of our changes to verify and validate compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE