Copyright and DCMA Policy
Wowrite (“we“, “us” and “our”) respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Although we have provided a brief overview of copyright below, this policy is not intended to be legal advice.
What is copyright?
When a person or organisation makes original artistic, literary, musical or dramatic material in a substantial medium, regardless of whether it be in the recording of song lyrics, a novel, a computer program, a photograph or a film, the maker will consequently possess the copyright in that work. Copyright protection gives the copyright owner the privilege to control the use of the material. A few types of work contain a few distinct types of copyright possessed by various individuals. While a music track may have all the earmarks of being a solitary work, the copyright in the musical composition (including the lyrics) will for the most part be possessed by the songwriter or artist, and copyright in the sound recording will normally be claimed by the performing artist’s record label.
How do I avoid copyright infringement?
It’s basic; if material is made by somebody other than you and you have not been authorised to use the material, at that point don’t use it. Offering credit to the copyright owner or expressing that you didn’t mean to encroach copyright, won’t act as a valid defence. On the off chance that you do choose to use someone else’s work, guarantee that you have gotten the essential consents first. This will often be in the form of a license obtained from the copyright owner(s) that you may need to pay for.
What do I do if my copyright has been infringed?
In the event that you trust that your work, or crafted by somebody you are authorised to represent, has been uploaded to: (i) our website www.wowrite.com; (ii) our related application; and/or (iii) any services offered in connection to our website and application (collectively referred to as “Wowrite.com”), without your approval, or in whatever other way that comprises copyright infringement, you ought to inform us of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the procedure below.
- Please provide a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information:
- A statement that you have identified works which infringe your copyright, or the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act.
- Identification of the location of such works in a sufficient detail, so we can verify their existence.
- A description of the copyright works that you claim have been infringed.
- Your full name, address and telephone number and a valid email address on which you can be reached.
- A statement that you trust in good faith that the disputed use of the material is not approved by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner thereof, or otherwise authorized to act on behalf of the owner of, the copyright work that is allegedly infringed.
- Please send a notice containing the above information by email ([email protected]), postal mail Schmidhaldenstrasse 23, 8156 Oberhasli ( Switzerland).
- It is our duty to: (i) block access to or remove material that we trust in good faith to be copyright works that have been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users, and (ii) terminate repeat offenders’ the use of Wowrite.com
- If you know that someone else on whose behalf you are not authorised to act has had their copyright infringed, you can inform them and direct them to this policy.
On the off chance that you likewise wish your notice to be considered as a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), you should comply with the additional steps below:
- Please also include the following in your notice:
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is accurate and that you as the notifying party is approved to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Your physical or electronic signature (a scanned copy of your signature is acceptable).
- Please send the notice and requirements entails in the above information to our designated agent responsible for notification of claimed copyright infringement (“Designated Agent”) ([email protected]), postal mail, Schmidhaldenstrasse 23, 8156 Oberhasli ( Switzerland).
- Please only inform us of genuine claims of copyright infringement. You may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you make an unsubstantiated claim.
- In accordance with the DMCA, once a bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is our duty:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material.
- To notify the alleged infringing content provider that access to the material has been disabled or the material has been removed.
- Repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and their access to Allan Ltd will be terminated.
On the off chance that the content provider believes that the material that was been removed or to which access was been disabled is either not infringing, or he/she believes that he/she has the privilege to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider must send a counter-notice.
- The counter notice should contain the following information for the Designated Agent:
- The content provider’s physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider has a good faith trust that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material.
- The content provider’s name, address, telephone number, and if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s address is located, or if the content provider’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Wowrite is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided a notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling.
- Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, the removed material may be replaced or access to it to be restored at our discretion.
[Last updated May 2019]